Friday, November 04, 2016

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you" (John 14:27)

Day #4

This particular scripture frequently goes through my head.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 
(John 14:27)
I am always grateful when it starts going through my head because of the comfort and calm that it brings to my heart. "The peace of God, which passeth all understanding" (Philippians 4:7) is stronger and more powerful than any earthly comforts. When I let God's peace lead me, fear departs, and I have the strength to endure...even if it is just for another moment.

God's peace also helps me increase in faith when I don't always understand the "why" of something- whether it be policy changes, personal challenges, doctrine, or anything that may cause a "why" in my life. God is not a god of confusion or anger. He is a God of peace. And for this I am deeply grateful.

An image of flowers in a field, coupled with the quote “God is not the author of confusion.”

No comments: