Monday, November 21, 2016

"...whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world..." (Ether 12:4)

Day #21

I am so grateful for this scripture because of the many principles of truth it teaches about life and making it better.

A view of a part of the earth from space, with the moon seen in the distance."Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." (Ether 12:4)

When we believe and have faith in God, we can be certain that we will have a better world and a better life. Not because we have more stuff or have more money, but our life is better because our faith leads us to "do good continually" (Moroni 7:13).

I love that faith anchors me in a God who is unchanging (see Mormon 9:9). So, when "I ask in faith, nothing wavering" (James 1:6), He won't give me a world without suffering, but will give me the strength to do all (Philippians 4:13) that I need to do so that I have a better world.

No comments: