Thursday, November 03, 2016

"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not". D&C 6:36

Day #3:
The verse I am thankful for today is D&C 6:36. It reads:
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not".
I am so grateful for the simple doctrine that is taught in this passage of scripture. It gives me instruction on what to do in any given situation. I must focus to my thoughts on God. I must trust God. And I must exercise faith in God so that fear will have no room to survive or grow. It is not always easy to do these three things, but when I do them, I am able to feel peace and comfort, and when needed, I am given the courage to wait.

The interesting part in all this is that the easiest ways I have found to direct my thoughts to God are the "primary answers": pray, read the scriptures, sing a primary song or hum my favorite hymn, love and serve my family. I am so grateful for simple ways to focus on God. He definitely makes it worth the effort.

What are ways you look to God in all your thoughts?

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love this simple Christ centered meditation: while breathing in and breathing out, “I love and accept you, Jennifer, I love and accept you, Jennifer”. Love my Savior!