Saturday, November 26, 2016

"...but the Lord looketh on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7)

Day #26

I am thankful for this scripture as it teaches me to "look" the correct way.

"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, 
or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: 
for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, 
but the Lord looketh on the heart."

I love that the Lord teaches us to not look on the "outward appearance", but to look on the heart. The Lord knows our hearts. He knows our suffering, our heartaches, our love, our dreams, our hearts true desires. God knows us and the "thoughts and intents" of our hearts (D&C 33:1).

In a society where appearance is such a focus, it is sometimes hard to notice what really matters, the heart of others. This includes seeing myself from the heart and not the "outward appearance". It takes sincere effort to stop looking at "appearance", but to "look on the heart".

I hope that I "look on" others from the heart, that I may see as He does. I'm working on it. (Good thing I am a practicing Christian.)


Hopefully I "look" the right way, at others and myself.

No comments: