Sunday, November 13, 2016

"Behold, I say unto you that none of the prophets have written, nor prophesied, save they have spoken concerning this Christ." (Jacob 7:10-11)

Day #13

As a journal keeper, these particular verses make me stop and ponder the purpose of the scriptures, who wrote them, and why they took the time to do so.

"And I said unto him: Believest thou the scriptures? And he said, Yea. And I said unto him: Then ye do not understand them: for they truly testify of Christ. Behold, I say unto you that none of the prophets have written, nor prophesied, save they have spoken concerning this Christ." 

When we read the scriptures, what we are really reading is the testimony of prophets of God. Men who have had their own spiritual witness of the Son of God, even Jesus Christ. That He is the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind.

I love that we have the witness of the prophets from Israel and Jerusalem, even the record of the Old and New Testament. I love that we also have the record of the prophets who testified of Christ in the Ancient America's as recorded in the Book of Mormon. And I am so very grateful, on a daily basis, for a living prophet today, who talks and walks with God, and has revelation for the Church and the entire world. All prophets testify of Christ.

I add my witness to the prophets. I testify that as you follow the example of Jesus Christ in your actions, thoughts, and how you speak, then you will be happier and more at peace with others and yourself. I have learned from personal experience that when I truly try to love as He loves, and live as He did, His ways are always better. Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. His purpose is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). He died for me and for you because He loves us more than words can express. This I testify.

I love reading and studying the scriptures on a daily basis. They testify of Jesus Christ and as I have read and learned of Him, my life has changed in more ways than I can explain. All I know is that I am happier and more at peace the more I learn and study about Him. I invite you to learn for yourself. 

No comments: