Wednesday, November 09, 2016

"...peace be unto thy soul..." (D&C 121:7)

Day #9

Today has gone so differently than I had planned, this is like most days actually. And this scripture just feels right for today.

"My [daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment" (D&C 121:7).

These words sooth my soul when I am afflicted with pain, whether that pain be physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental. The Lord truly loves each of us tenderly and sweetly. And as a parent, I want to say these exact words to my own children as they endure suffering. The greatest relief comes from having peace, even the peace of God, so that we may endure all that is for our experience and in the big picture, for our good.

I believe another way of saying this is, "Sunday Will Come" (Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin). I take great comfort in these words because the sun will always rise, the clouds will always depart. And in the eternal perspective, life is truly beautiful. This I testify.

The sun never goes away, it's just behind the clouds, which will eventually, and always, clear away.




No comments: