Friday, November 18, 2016

"...In everything give thanks." (D&C 98:1)

Day #18

I am so grateful for this scripture. The truth of it has changed my life so that it is filled with joy in every situation.

"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; 
yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks." 

When I give thanks "in everything" life becomes more beautiful. It changes my perspective and I see the beauty of God's creations, I see the talents of others and how they bless my life. I experience more fully the taste of food, the smells that entice me to partake of the goodness that God gives me. I hear more fully the word of God and the good news of the gospel. Giving thanks has increased the joy in my life. Truly, God is pouring out His blessings in every moment of our lives. I invite you to give thanks and experience His love for yourself.

It is in giving thanks in all things that I have come to understand this doctrine: "...men are that they might have joy". (2 Nephi 2:25) It is true. Gratitude or giving thanks "in everything", will change your life. This I testify.


No comments: