Monday, November 07, 2016

"...But ask with a firmness unshaken, ...that ye will serve the true and living God." (Mormon 9:28)

Day #7

Today's scripture: I am so grateful for this scripture because of the direct counsel it gives to us. In this day of "accept everything", "do what you want", and "nothing is wrong", I love that a prophet, so many years ago, would give encouragement to make good choices and to serve only the One True God.

"Be wise in the days of your probation: 
strip yourselves of all uncleanness; 
ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, 
but ask with a firmness unshaken, 
that ye will yield to no temptation, 
but that ye will serve the true and living God." 

I am grateful for the counsel to be clean, to strip off all the things that harm or smother the precious spirit within. To strip off the dark or anything that takes me away, in any manner, from our loving Father. I am grateful for the counsel to ask for help so that I won't be tempted above that which I am able to bear. I am grateful for the counsel to serve God.

When I follow the counsel of the prophets of God, even when I don't always understand the "why", I am filled with peace, and with greater strength to do "the harder right instead of the easier wrong" (Pres. Thomas S. Monson).

(link for the video if you need to view it in a different format- video)

No comments: