Friday, November 11, 2016

"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man" (James 3:2)

Day #11

I'm thankful for this scripture as it gives me hope that I will be able to accomplish the control of my tongue someday. Till' then, I will keep working on it. (It's a daily work for sure.)

"For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." (James 3:2)

No one is perfect, but that doesn't give me the right to find fault with another. Rather, I not only practice keeping my tongue in its proper place, I also get to practice forgiving others when their tongue is a little out of place.

I love what Elder Jeffrey R. Holland says about the way of finding good and speaking it. He says, "Speak hopefully. Speak encouragingly, including about yourself. Try not to complain and moan incessantly. As someone once said, 'Even in the golden age of civilization someone undoubtedly grumbled that everything looked too yellow'. (The Tongue of Angels)

Keep trying. It's worth the effort.

No comments: