Wednesday, November 30, 2016

"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious" (D&C 78:19)

Day #30

I am grateful for this scripture that teaches me about gratitude and the blessings that are given to those who express such:

"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; 
and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, 
even an hundred fold, yea, more."

I love this scripture! As I have been practicing being thankful for all that I have been given, including the struggles and challenges, I have had an increase of the Spirit in my life and I have been so much happier! I wish I could express what it has been like as I have consciously tried to receive "all things with thankfulness" and the change that has come to my heart.

God promises that the "earth shall be added unto [us]" as we receive all that He wants to bless us with. This past month this phrase has been going through my head, "...all these things shall give thee experience" (D&C 122:7). I had to ask, "Experience in what?" I can honestly say I have had more experience in patience, in being diligent, in trusting in God and His power- and so many more things. The rest of that verse says, "...and shall be for thy good" (D&C 122:7).

I testify, from my own experience, that God blesses us as we receive "all things with thankfulness" (D&C 78:19). I encourage you to give it a try, be open to all that God has for you and receive it with a thankful heart. As you do, there will come into your life a joy and peace that is more than the world can offer, "yea, more". (D&C 78:19This I testify. 

This morning the sunrise was incredible! He has so much for us to receive.
When we receive all things with thankfulness more joy and peace comes. "Yea, more".


No comments: