I am so grateful for the command to "pray always". Today, I find myself pleading that I don't get the flu...(not sure if I should laugh or cry over that, but I really don't want it after watching my son lay on the couch suffering for the past 4 days). Another way of saying this:
"Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
"Praying always" is commanded not so that we pray for what we want, but it is about getting my will in line with God's will. So, rather than "begging" I don't get the flu, I still pray that I won't- and I include "but if not" (Daniel 3:18). When I do this, I am opening myself up to learning His ways, and learning how to be submissive to His will.
Sometimes I get what I want, because it is in line. Other times I continue to "pray without ceasing"... His ways work.
(Here's a great news article of what Elder Renlend learned from some of his patients, including "Pray without ceasing".)
No comments:
Post a Comment