Day #22
I am grateful for the beauty of the scripture story of Christ calming the wind and the sea (see Mark 4:35-41). It has brought great comfort to me over the years. This is one verse from it:
"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea,
Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."
I feel like my life is too often like this, where the wind is blowing and the storms of life just cause so much stress. All the while, the Savior is on the "boat" with me. When things get really crazy, I can hear Him telling me, "Peace, be still", but I don't always listen.
I wish I could say I always listened and obeyed like the waves of the ocean and with winds of the sky. But I don't. I sometimes let the noise from the "great storm of wind, and the waves beat" (Mark 4:37) into my mind and heart. And then I get afraid.
Gratefully, Christ is very patient with me when I call out to Him. He always calms the winds and the seas of my life. He also lovingly invites me and encourages me to let go of fear and increase my faith. In my mind He tells me the same message as He did to those on the boat with Him, "Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?" (Mark 4:40)
He's there for each of us. We don't need to be afraid of storms or wind because the storms will always end, the winds will always cease (see Mark 4:39) as He stands by our side and commands, "Peace, be still".
![]() |
| "Peace, Be Still" by Arnold Friberg |

No comments:
Post a Comment