Saturday, November 05, 2016

"Be still, and know that I am God"
(Psalms 46:10; D&C 202:16)

Day #5

Today, I am sharing two scriptures because they have the same statement in both of them that I strive to live by. They have become a part of my meditation and personal scripture study in a whole new way. Let me share them with you.
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
(Psalms 46:10 italics added)
"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." 
(D&C 101:16 italics added)
In this world that is rarely quiet, and in my mind that sometimes wants to just chatter away endlessly, this positive way of living, by being still, has really influenced my life for the better. When I try and follow this admonition from God, it is then that I can really feel and know what I need to do. It is in the stillness that I am able to receive personal revelation. It is in being still that I am taught the truths about God and His ways.

I can promise that if you follow this admonition, to take time to "be still" every day, even for 10 minutes or less, it will multiply your understanding and love of God and you will receive insight and comfort that you need in your life. This I testify.

The mountains are still there in all kinds of weather.
When I am still, and the storms rage, I come to know that God is always there.
The weather changes and things always get better.


No comments: