Sunday, December 10, 2017

"We through patience and comfort of the scripture might have hope" (Romans 15:4)

#LightTheWorld #Day10
I share my own experience of reading the scriptures. They are the "word of God" (Alma 17:2). They bring comfort to my soul (see Alma 31:31-32). They inspire me to have hope and keep trying- for they were "written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scripture might have hope" (Romans 15:4). The scriptures testify of Christ and of His love for all of us (see Jacob 7:11, 1 Peter 1:11) . The scriptures teach of repentance and the joy and peace that comes as I repent and love God (Repentance). 

Over the years, I have come to truly love the words that are within these precious books of scripture. You can request a free copy of the Bible , and of the Book of Mormon. I know that as you read them, and remember just how merciful God has been to all mankind from the beginning of time, and commit to living the truths that are written in them, you will come to know for yourself the truthfulness of them by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the Spirit of God (see Moroni 10:3-5). You will also come to know Jesus Christ in a way that changes you, and makes you a new person (see Mosiah 5:8-9). 

I hope you are able to enjoy reading the scriptures, "even feasting upon the words of Christ" (2 Nephi 32:3) as much as I do. For they will change your life in a way that will fill you with peace and love. This I testify.
A white background with a peach border combined with the words of 2 Nephi 32:3.



No comments: