This year is the second Christmas that I have CRPS (learn more about that here). There are times when I think about all I have lost because of this condition. I can't bike anymore (this has been super difficult...but the more time passes the easier it gets?), I can't hike, I can't walk, run, jump, or pretty much do any exercise that requires me to use my foot a whole heck of a lot (that's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak). It's easy to get sucked into the comparison game and feel the "whoa is me" part of CRPS (see Jeremiah 15:5).
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is all the lights. I love how happy all the lights make everything. Again, this year, on Mormon.org there is a #LightTheWorld campaign (go here). I am so grateful for this simple expression of gratitude and giving that I can do each day. It doesn't need to be difficult or big. It's a simple way of giving thanks for all I can do. Today's message is "...freely ye have received, freely give" (Matt. 10:8).
One more thing I can do is to testify of what I know and believe. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Acts 8:37). He was born in a manger (see Luke 2:1-7), the Son of Mary (see Mark 6:3). He is the King of Kings (see Rev. 19:16), and the Prince of Peace (see Isaiah 9:6-7). I can do many things, and there is so much to be grateful for because of Him (see 2 Corinthians 2:14). I can also tell you that I know you are loved beyond words, beyond comprehension...because of Him (see John 17:23, 26). This I testify.
#LightTheWorld
This is Hershey, the perfect dog for our family!




No comments:
Post a Comment