I really like the definition from Guide to the Scriptures about the Sabbath: "A holy day set apart each week for rest and worship. After God created all things, He rested on the seventh day and commanded that one day each week be a day of rest to help people remember Him (Ex. 20:8-11)... The Sabbath reminds people of their need for spiritual nourishment and of their duty to obey God. When a nation grows careless in observing the Sabbath, all aspects of life are affected and its religious life becomes decayed (Neh. 13:15-18; Jer. 17:21-27). (Sabbath).
Each Sunday, I get to set aside the entire day to help my mind focus on my Savior. He loves us all so very much. He gave His life for us. What do I do to show my love for Him? How can I serve as He served? I'm working on doing the small things and acting on the gentle and quiet promptings that I too often ignore or think of as "nothing". It's a bit of a challenge at times to not get caught in the trap of being "busy". When I do that I usually end up not helping or serving others. I am grateful for the Sabbath, for a day of rest from the labors of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment