Thursday, December 07, 2017

"Suffer the little children to come unto me." (Mark 10:14)

#LightTheWorld #day7- I have always wondered what "suffer" in this instance means. Well, it means: "to allow" (suffer). What is actually being said is: "Allow the little children to come unto me". I like that thought. Let little children come to me.

Since today happens to be one of my children's birthdays, I always think of birth this time of year. I think of how Mary had to travel to Bethlehem, "being great with child" (Luke 2:5). I think of the love this mother had for her child as she "wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn" (Luke 2:7). I hope I can always make room for the Savior in my life, everyday. I want that good, warm feeling that comes as I invite Him into my life. It is a similar feeling that I get when I invite little children to come into my life. It is a feeling of such joy and happiness that I hope to be able to share it with others.

One of the thoughts for today from #LightTheWorld is: "When was the last time you made a child smile?" Tonight was a very good night celebrating my son's 21st birthday (those little children grow up so fast! Hold them tight and tell them they are so loved often!) This picture of my son Stockton and two of his cousins makes me smile! The love of a child, and those smiles! I love these teachings about children from the Savior: "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3-4).  I am so grateful for this beautiful truth.

How I love my "not so little" children! There aren't words enough to describe how I love them!!!

Stockton and two of his sweet cousins- indeed, "suffer the little children to come unto me"


#LightTheWorld

My not so little children...how I love these precious souls!

No comments: