Friday, December 08, 2017

"Love your enemies..." (Matthew 5:44)

#LightTheWorld #day8
This is one of my absolute favorite formula's for bullying. It's also referred to as  "The Golden Rule" because it is the perfect way to promote positive change in all of us. "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you" (Matthew 5:443 Nephi 12:44). In a day and age were I feel we have come to "bully the bully", so to speak, I am so grateful for the truths that the Savior has taught. This is so straight forward, easy to teach, and is a powerful way to help others change, and be changed ourselves as we live it.

There is one man, Izzy Kalman, who teaches how to live and apply "The Golden Rule" as the solution to  bullying. His program is called: Bullies to Buddies. I invite you to read and learn about this method of bullying intervention. I know this method works. I have tried to teach it to our children, use it myself, and encourage others to use it too. The reason I have done so is because it is Christ's way of dealing with the challenge of bullying.

I know that Christ is the Master Teacher. He wants us to be filled with love, and be able to serve everyone, not just those we already love. It's not just a suggestion to "love your enemies", but it is a commandment. Another way to say this truth is to "Love thy neighbor" (Mark 12:31, 33).

In our trials and challenges to love our enemies, do good to those who hate us, and pray for those who use us, God will give us the grace and power to be filled with this love which leads to changing bullies into buddies. This I testify.




No comments: