Thursday, December 21, 2017

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad." (Matthew 5:12)

#LightTheWorld #day19

I absolutely love the video for #day19 for many reasons (I may be a little biased as I too have a child that has autism). One of the biggest reasons is that in the video Aaron's challenge is not taken away, but he is given the strength, the insight, and the tools to endure it. Elder Bednar said, "Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load. But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness. Because our individual load needs to generate spiritual traction, we should be careful to not haul around in our lives so many nice but unnecessary things that we are distracted and diverted from the things that truly matter most" (Elder Bednar).

Another thing I loved about this video is how Aaron says, "My life has purpose and is meant to be full of service and love. To share the light of Jesus Christ with everyone". I want everyone to feel and receive that wonderful light, too. I know that it makes all the difference for me as I go about doing the daily routine that's part of life.

I know that to "be of good cheer" (John 16:33) is one of the best things I can do for my family. So, like Aaron, "in the face of adversity [I] choose happiness". Sometimes I may need some time and space to get to where I can "see" that happiness. But it's there for me and for you in the light of Jesus Christ. As we "seek Him" (1 Nephi 10:17) we can truly "rejoice, and be exceeding glad" (Matthew 5:12). This is how I am able to be happy as I bear my load. This I testify.


This is my son Ethan standing next to my mother- his grandma. How I love these two people!
(...there are not words enough to explain it.)

No comments: