Personal insights, thoughts, feelings and experiences that help keep Christ and His Gospel in every day life.
Saturday, December 02, 2017
"I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink..." (Matthew 25:35)
After having eaten my 4th piece of chocolate, several cinnamon santa's, and many other treats, nuts, and fruit (I did eat one tiny orange), the phrase keeps coming to my mind: "And blessed are they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness..." (Matt. 5:6; 3 Nephi 12:6). I believe it is a little different than just changing my eating habits of candy and other junk food...but then again, it's really about changing my habits of what I am hungering and thirsting for. I know there is a whole big blog on this...but that will have to wait or you can read this one.
On another note about water, the #Day2 of #LightTheWorld the scripture is Matthew 25:35: "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in". I love this. We all get hungry. We all thirst. And sometimes, we are all strangers. I know that as we "hunger and thirst after righteousness", we are fed. And when we are fed, we can in turn feed others. And when our thirst has been quenched, we can help others drink of the Living Water.
No comments:
Post a Comment