I love having my family together! As a mother I gather our children together often to have Family Home Evening, for dinner (I love that time of day!), for praying, for having fun together, to enjoy one another. I believe when we gather as family, friends, neighbors, and loved ones, we are doing what God is asking us to do. "Behold, it is my will, that all they who call on my name, and worship me according to mine everlasting gospel, should gather together, and stand in holy places" (D&C 101:22).
I am often asked what I do for my career. I have finally come up with a good explanation for what I do. I am a homemaker. Which is someone who creates a sacred space for loved ones to gather. I like how Elder Bednar describes gathering in our homes and the importances of it. He says, "Importantly, a home should be the ultimate combination of time and space wherein individuals and families remember most effectively God's great and precious promises....Only as we bring the spirit and strength derived from [our temple and sabbath day experiences] back with us into our homes can we sustain our focus upon the great purposes of mortal like and overcome the corruption that is in the world" (Exceeding Great and Precious Promises).
Our Savior, Jesus Christ told the Nephites to "...meet together oft" (3 Nephi 18:22). We can meet as family, as well as neighbors, ward family members, friends, and as children of God. Meeting together often in Relief Society is a source of strength for me. Each sister has had to endure and go through some very serious and heavy challenges, - divorce, cancer treatment, loss of a loved one, infertility, infidelity, health challenges, pain...to just name a few of the burdens that these faithful sisters have dealt with. As I meet with these sisters at church each week, and knowing what some of them have had to go through, I stand in awe of them, as well as my faith is strengthened by their faith. We each support and lift each other. I am so grateful for the blessing of meeting together often. It is good. This I testify.
![]() |
| Gathering as family is part of meeting together often |
![]() |
| It's so fun to watch my children gather often with my parents, their grandparents. |


No comments:
Post a Comment