Some thoughts for day 3 for #LIGHTtheWORLD
As I have pondered what to share today about seeing. I thought of many words that suggest some sort of seeing in the scriptures: see, sight , awake, insight, behold, look, perceive, observe, discern, watch, view, and even blind. Theses words describe seeing in various forms. Every single one of these words could be a scripture study in and of itself. I might also ponder what they imply spiritually.
I love that Christ gives us sight to see, that we may see "things as they really are" (Jacob 4:13). But all too often I wonder if I am "blinded by anger...by indifference, revenge, hate, prejudice, ignorance, or by missing precious opportunities to grow" (Pres. Monson). I have plenty of things I need to work on. It's about seeing that I might be healed (see Isaiah 6:10; Alma 33:21; Acts 28:27)
Which takes me to the wonderful sight that comes as we repent, turning to God. I love this phrase: "Look to God and live" (Alma 37:47). If we truly look- we shall "see", and we shall have a whole new view.
![]() |
| "Look to God and live" |

No comments:
Post a Comment