Jesus worshipped through song and so can you.
I love this idea of worshipping through music and song. I love singing hymns, I enjoy being part of the ward choir when I can. I love playing my flute and truly worshipping God when I play.
I have to share one of my favorite scriptures about praising God with music: "If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving. If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that you souls may be joyful" (D&C 136:28-29).
Isn't this awesome? If I am happy then I should sing, and I sometimes just burst out singing or dancing. And when I am sad, it definitely helps to pray, ask for help. God just knows how to help us be happy. It's the best! So, go ahead and sing praises unto Him. Worship even a Jesus did through song.
(Here are a couple of great sources of music that have really made a difference for me)
Music by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
No comments:
Post a Comment