Just a couple of thoughts for day 2 of #LIGHTtheWORLD.
Christ taught us to "Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee". (Deuteronomy 5:16) This is one of the Ten Commandments. It is also a commandment with a promise. I love that we are promised to have our days prolonged.
I have to ask, what does it mean to honor my parents? The Guide to the Scriptures says this about honor: "As usually used in the scriptures, to show respect and reverence to someone or something". The scripture does not say, obey your parents. The Guide to the scriptures says this about obey: "In a spiritual sense, obedience is doing God's will". When I honor my parents I show respect for them and in so doing, I am obeying the will of God.
I am so grateful for the love, patience, goodness and kindness my parents have taught me and shown me. I continue to learn from them about repentance, forgiveness, service, and dedication. On Sundays I have been doing "Sunday Selfies" with my mom. It has been so fun to "make family history" with her as we have done this. Every once in awhile my dad will participate too. I like to do a "happy face" and a "goofy face". In these particular photos I couldn't stop laughing because my parents were hilarious!
![]() |
| Making family history. I love these two people SO much!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment