Thursday, December 15, 2016

"And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked..(Mosiah 4:14)

Day 14 (Dec 14) #LIGHTtheWORLD
Jesus taught us to clothe the naked and you can help

Always loved this scripture about clothing the naked. I felt it really pertained to motherhood and all the laundry I did and frequently continue to do.
"And ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of all sin, or who is the evil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness." (Mosiah 4:14)
Some days, and maybe it is really some weeks that I am better at getting the laundry done. I keep trying to have my children learn to do their own laundry so they can eventually clothe themselves.  I believe that helping my children learn how to do their own laundry is part of clothing them. And this applies to clothing them physically and spiritually. It takes commitment and time. Sometimes I call it climbing a mountain, simply because I literally have mountains of clothes to wash, fold, and put away. You can read a whole post about climbing a mountain of laundry (here).

One more thought, doing laundry and repentance, they pile up if you don't keep doing the washing. And another thing, they both feel so good when I keep working on them and don't get such a large mountain to climb.
Previous laundry all done and folded (taken by me and folded by me)

No comments: