Monday, December 05, 2016

Christ "healed them that had need of healing" (Luke 9:11)

Day 5 (Dec. 5th) #LIGHTtheWORLD
"Christ Healed the Sick, So Can You". Quick thoughts about healing the sick.

"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where. ...And the people, when they knew it, followed [Jesus]: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing" (Luke 9:6, 11). We all need healing. As we come unto Christ, He will heal us. I know that as we are kind, loving, forgiving, and caring, we can help heal others too.

I love that my focus must be Christ and then I will receive riches to help others. "And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good- to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted" (Jacob 2:19). There are so many people starving for the truth, for comfort in their afflictions, for relief from the many different kinds of pain. When we focus on Christ first, He will show us how and who we can help heal.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalms 30:5). The promise of being healed is as sure as the sun will rise. This I testify.

The morning always comes. We can help heal others as we care and serve them in joy and gladness.

Day 5 (Dec. 5th) #LIGHTtheWORLD

No comments: