"Jesus Ministered to Children and So Can You"
Jesus ministered to children. Ministered means to "tend to the needs of". I love this idea of tending to the needs of my children. Even though my children aren't little any more, and they don't seem to "need" me as much, I try and nurture their testimonies of the truths of the gospel and of a God who loves them more than I do.
Whenever I think of nurturing or ministering to children, I think of the time when Christ visited the people in the Americas after His resurrection (see 3 Nephi 11-28). One of the first things He did was to take "their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when He had done this He wept... And He spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones" (3 Nephi 17:21-23). Two things really jump out at me with this particular event. First, He wept. I believe He wept for joy. He loves little children so much! When I think about how much I love my children, the best way to describe the deep mother love is to say, "It brings me to tears." And it is tears of pure joy.
The next thing that jumps out at me is when Christ says, "Behold your little ones." Behold means to see, or observe. To think about Christ telling me to observe my little children, it is to really learn from them. Take notice of what they are saying and how much love they freely express. Also, to observe how much they want to learn and be taught truth. Even now, though my children aren't small, they still have a desire to learn and to please me. I can show my love for the Savior as I "Behold [my] little ones"- no matter what their age. I can tend to their needs, even minister to them.
| I love these children! And I especially loved it when they all got along....enjoy your kids while they are young. Time flies way too fast!!! |
| This was taken in June of 2014. This was the last time all four of my children were together. It's the day our daughter left on her mission for England Birmingham. I so love all of them SO much!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment