Saturday, December 10, 2016

"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked" (1 John 2:6)

Day 10 (Dec. 10th) #LIGHTtheWORLD "Jesus helped others walk and so can you."

"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked" (1 John 2:6).
A green striped background, combined with a quote by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Let us be true to our covenants."As I read this scripture, I thought of how I am sometimes crippled by not walking as Christ walked by being short of temper, being impatient or rude, or not forgiving quickly (just to name a few of the ways I cripple myself and others). It is really hard to always, every single minute, to walk the same as Jesus did.

But we can rejoice in the "good news" of the gospel (see Gospels), we don't always have to be lost or crippled. We can follow Jesus Christ by repenting and then keep trying. We walk as He did by partaking of the sacrament and renewing our covenants with Him. As we do this, we take His name upon us and we keep trying to "walk, even as He walked" (see 1 John 2:6). I love this quote by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Let us not give up. Let us be true to our covenants. let us never lose sight of our Advocate and Redeemer as we walk toward Him, one imperfect step after another" (Four Titles).

We don't need to stay crippled. "For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). It is because of Jesus Christ that we can have a "peaceable walk with the children of men" (Moroni 7:4 (3-4)). We can keep trying, keep walking. He walks with us all along the way. This I testify.




No comments: