Jesus Read the Scriptures and So Can You
Some quick thoughts about reading the scriptures.
I have to share with you that a little over 16 years ago I began a serious study of the scriptures. I set aside time every day to truly "feast upon the words of Christ" (2 Nephi 32:3). As I did so, I found that I hungered and "thirsted" after the words of Christ. I "let my soul delight in fatness" and I did "feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted" (2 Nephi 9:51).
I used to say, "I wish I had no trials." Now, after all these years of "delighting in fatness", I want to say, I am grateful for the "trials and troubles" (see Alma 38:5) I have been given. For in them, I have been taught of Christ as I have applied the words that I have read and studied all these years. Some trials, I wouldn't want to go through again, but as I went through them I have learned for myself that "the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" (2 Nephi 32:3). God has "delivered [me] out of [my] trials, and [my] troubles, and [my] afflictions" (Alma 38:5).
If you haven't done so already, I invite you to "feast upon the words of Christ...and delight in fatness" (see 2 Nephi 32:3; 2 Nephi 9:51). You will find you can have the most amazing experience, even "a love affair with the word of the Lord and that of his prophets" (President Gordon B. Hinckley). Read, study, ponder and pray. It will change your life. This I testify.
![]() |
| These are my scriptures. I love studying from them every day. You can receive your free copy of the scriptures here. |

No comments:
Post a Comment