Friday, September 16, 2011

"...Come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them." 3 Nephi 18:32

All my children have now had the same kind of broken bone called a buckle fracture. It isn't too serious, but it's painful and needs to be protected so there isn't further damage to the bone. I have only seen the x-rays of the broken bone and not the healing one, that is until today. I got to see the x-ray of the healing bone and it was incredibly beautiful. It actually had a hue around the healing bone. I could see the new growth and it was all white, and bright. It looked as though it was actually giving off light.

As I have pondered this incredible phenomenon I have to say it made me think of the healing power that comes from Christ when we turn our hearts and minds to Him and repent~ when we allow Him to heal us. There comes a power from within us to make us change that we can't do on our own. Christ says, "For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of they wounds, saith the Lord..." (Jeremiah 30:17). Not only physical wounds, but emotional, mental, spiritual, every kind of wound we could ever get. He can heal us. "He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." (Psalms 147:3). Let him in, to be healed from all your wounds, and let His Light shine. And as you are healed, you become filled with light, more and more light, until there is no darkness in you.

Really, being healed is about what we want to see and where we are looking. Do I want to see God and His ways? Do I want to see the good in all that is around me? Yes, there is horror and evil and yucky stuff, but I don't have  to be filled with it. I can be filled with Light. How can I do this? I must see differently. My "eye must be single to [His] glory" D&C 88:67 and His glory is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" Moses 1:39. So, if your "eye" or your purpose is single to this purpose then, "your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things" D&C 88:67. To have no darkness in you~ that is an incredible and beautiful promise.

Just as my son's broken bone was healing and was giving off "light" we too give off light as we turn to Christ because we are changing and getting rid of darkness and producing more Light. It is an incredible power~ it is there for all of us, free of charge! His healing power is real and so is His Light. This I testify with all my love and from my heart.

No comments: