"I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me," and it feels so good! I see the beautiful mountains and feel the warmth of the sun. I look upon my children's faces and see their smiles and their innocence (even as teenagers) and their goodness and desires to do what is right and feel the love of my Savior even more. I see the green, almost red tomatoes out on the vine in my ever so small garden and know that there is so much love in those tomatoes all the way from the tiny seeds, to the planting and watering, to the weeding, and from the sun kissing them and helping them turn red and soon will come the harvesting, and then the eating. I see all the pine needles that have blown from my neighbors yard onto my lawn waiting for me to pick them up so I can attempt to make a pine needle basket and there is SO much love that has been spread across my yard. From the wind that blew the needles, to the rain and sprinklers that fed the roots so those needles could grow and the sun and the wonderful neighbors who have fertilized and pruned, all the way back to the original planting and the tiny seed. Love is every where! And it feels SO good!
So I ask myself, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come. Nor heights, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:35-39) We are "killed", the natural man must be "killed" (see Mosiah 3:19) all the day long, or we will miss all the incredible love of Christ that is present all around us and there for us to partake, even when we are faced with tribulation, or nakedness, or peril, or even the sword. We must practice living in His grace. For we are not only saved by His grace, but we are changed by His grace. It really is that simple. "Charity is the pure love of Christ and it endureth forever." (Moroni 7:47) Don't separate yourself from the love of Christ, let it fill you up. Open your eyes and your heart. It is all around you and it feels great! Christ says, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27).
These aren't just pages on a book that I read. They are scripture, words from prophets who testify of Jesus Christ and His power, life and love. I, too, testify that Jesus is the Christ and loves every one of us~ for "God is no respecter of persons." (Acts 10:34) His love is all around us, in everything we see. Feel it. Live it and pass it on. It is awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment