Sunday, September 18, 2011

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Cor. 5:7


On those days, when things seem impossible, but you know they have to work out but you can't see a how, I testify that there is always a way. Christ said, "I am the way, the truth and the life" (John 14:6). His way is the way to live. He knows everything- and He will help you find a way. His way is not our way, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. (see Isaiah 55:8-9) They are higher than our thoughts and our ways! Look to God and live (Alma 37:47). I promise you, you will be happier....It is that simple. (Notice, I didn't say easier, I said happier.) You know, it might seem like it is easier to stress about things, but it really isn't. Stress isn't any fun anyway, and it doesn't make one happy, it just makes you, well at least me, more grumpy and, well, stressed. That is not Christ's way. His way is to relax and to trust. I have to laugh at myself at how often I have stressed about something because it might not turn out and guess what, it always does, perhaps a little differently or I get through something and the time passes, and here I am, I survived! Christ's way is always better. His way is called "charity". Charity is about becoming something more than I am able to all by myself because there is no way I can become all these things on my own. Here is the definition:

"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, bearth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." 
(Moroni 7:45, see also 1 Cor. 13:4-7

Simply put, some days are just going to be more challenging and the only way I know how to get through them is to keep "[pressing] forward, with a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God, and of all men" (2 Nephi 31:20). As you "keep pressing forward", things work out. They always do. Why? Because ~ "we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Cor. 5:7). This I testify is how to do it, a day at a time.

No comments: