Just as Christ was about to be taken by the Pharisee's to "trial" he told his apostles, "Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me." (John 16:32) Even as Christ was preparing to be taken to his death, he knew he would be abandoned by his mortal friends, but not his Eternal Father in Heaven. We too are never alone. I know this is one of the very reasons why the word REMEMBER is in the scriptures so often. Remember, you are never alone.
Christ told his apostles, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) In Christ we can and will have peace. It is that simple. Be of good cheer! Christ again says to us: "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you" (D&C 68:6). Things work out and there are always blessings at the end of hard days...even when I can't see them or don't receive them immediately, they are there. I know there are many hard days ahead, that's just the nature of things to be. Tribulations, trials, challenges, life happens. But what I get to choose, thank heavens, is to "Be of good cheer"~ no matter what! Because you and I are never alone. This I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment