LDS.org - Ensign Article - Sunday Will Come
This blog is influenced by a talk that was given by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin in October General Conference of 2006. It has had a powerful influence on my thinking in more ways than one. Just the one line of “Sunday Will Come” has stuck with me, almost on a daily basis.
Where this thought comes from is from the Savior, Jesus Christ, who told his disciples that he would die and be resurrected after three days. He was resurrected on a Sunday. Those three days prior to His resurrection must have been awfully dark, not only physically dark on the earth, but also emotionally dark having lost their beloved Savior and Leader. Would He really live again? Those three days must have been so difficult and challenging to endure. They must have been the darkest of dark days. I can’t seem to find the words to describe the words I would feel at having to lose a loved one, not knowing if I would ever see them again, especially if I lost the Creator of the world, my Master.
I have "dark days". Days that seem to try me to my limits. There are various trials I have to endure that are sometimes physically painful and sometimes very emotionally painful and when I am in the midst of them, I wonder, “will Sunday come?” and can I endure until “Sunday will come?”
After three days of darkness, on what we now celebrate as Easter Morning, Jesus Christ appeared to Mary Magdelene, He was ascending to His Father. Jesus Christ broke the bonds of death. He appeared to His disciples and they touched His hands and His feet. He was resurrected!! He broke the bonds of death! Sunday indeed had come! Christ lives, even now!
As each of us will have "dark Fridays", the promise is there, in this life or in the next, through Jesus Christ, “Sunday will come!” We need not remain in the dark. Yes, there are times when we must endure the dark, but eventually, “Sunday will come.” I am so grateful everyday is not a dark day and that I am blessed with many "Sundays". There have been times in my life when the "dark days" or trials are longer than three days...but I just keep hanging on…I know it is painful and long and hard at times, but it is so worth it! And I promise, because of Jesus Christ, “ Sunday will come”, this I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment