Nephi is described as being unweary. As you read these verses, I invite you to personalize it, asking the Lord to reveal to you what you have done "with unwearyingness". Or perhaps ask what you might do "with unwearyingness":
"Blessed art thou, [insert your name], for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will" (Helaman 10:4-5).Here is a summary of what Nephi did with unwearyingness:
- declared the word, which was given him from God, to the people
- did not fear the people
- did not seek his own life (sometimes we have to give up the life we think we are "supposed to have", which can then free up the way for God to give us the life He is preparing for us, even eternal life)
- he kept the commandments of God
Here is a brief summary of the blessings Nephi received because of his unwearyingness:
- blessed forever
- made mighty in word
- made mighty in faith
- made mighty in works
- all things should be done unto Nephi according to God's word. In other words, anything Nephi asks of God will be done because Nephi would not ask anything that would be contrary to the will of God.
Life is not always perfect. Often, it is filled with adversity, trials, pain and suffering. But these experiences need not stall us or make us weary in well doing (see Galatians 6:9). Rather, God wants a powerful people (see Sheri Dew's talk about this). God gives us the strength to do all things (Philippians 4:13) and He provides a way for us to do all things that we are commanded to do (see 1 Nephi 3:7). I know God will bless you and guide you as you seek the spiritual gift of unwearyingness. This I testify.
This is a video of the Tabernacle singing: If the Way Be Full of Trial, Weary Not
These are the words for the chorus:
"Do not weary by the way,
Whatever be thy lot;
There awaits a brighter day,
To all, to all who weary not."
No comments:
Post a Comment