Wednesday, January 13, 2016

"Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" (2 Nephi 32:3)

My awesome husband had asked me for several weeks to remember to turn the cold water off in our shower so it wouldn't drip. I kept forgetting. I finally asked him to leave me a note. This is what he left me:
My husband loves me and leaves me little notes...
It is a simple way to help me remember to turn off the cold water "a little more" after showering. I have learned that even though the note is right in front of my face on the mirror, unless I take the time to read it, I don't remember to do it.

I need "notes" to help me remember to do small things that make life better, to accomplish tasks, or to help my children (just to name a few items of which I need help remembering). I am always telling my family, "Leave me a note or I won't remember".

As I was looking at the various notes I have stuck everywhere from my children and my husband to help me remember things I need to do, I realized that God leaves me little notes, too. The trick is, I must read them. These little notes from God are throughout the scriptures. I love getting notes from God. Here are just a few of the notes that have come to mean a lot to me:
" For the natural man is an enemy to God...unless he yields to the enticings of the holy Spirit..." (Mosiah 3:19)
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15)
"For with God nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37)
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27)
"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not" (D&C 6:36
"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..." (Alma 37:6)
"If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30
"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great" (D&C 64:33)
We all need help remembering, but to be reminded with a note only helps if we read the note. I think Nephi said it pretty well: "Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" (2 Nephi 32:3). God is talking to us, we just need to read His words and then "go and do" (1 Nephi 3:7). This I testify.