I also have been able to give a gift. One of our sons is serving a mission in the Argentina, Buenos Aires South mission. As I write this he has been gone for almost 3 months (you can read about his adventures here). He will be gone until September 2017. I will be able to see his face and chat with him through skype on Christmas Day, but that is the only voice contact we have until Mother's Day when I will get to talk/chat via skype again. For the past little while I have had both of these children out on missions. To be totally honest, I have really missed them immensely. I wouldn't want my children to be anywhere else even though I feel like I have a hole in my heart when I think about them too much. So, I choose to focus on the why I would ever want my children to serve missions.
This Christmas I realize even more why I am willing to do this. I love my family more than anything and I want to be with them forever. I know that families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan and I want other families to have this same gift of an eternal family. Because of this joy of eternal families, I am willing to send my children to foreign countries to share this "good news" (see Bible Dictionary: Gospels), even "glad tidings of great joy" (Helaman 16:14). It was proclaimed by an angel, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people" (Luke 2:10). These "glad tidings of great joy" are for all to hear and all to receive, not just for my family.
Heavenly Father's plan is to bring home all of His children who desire to come back and live with Him through faith and repentance in His Gift to all of us, His Son, Jesus Christ. He is the Gift we get to receive! Heavenly Father was willing to give His Beloved Son (see Moses 4:2, Mark 1:11, JS-H 1:17) so that we may all live with Him again. That is an incredible gift to give...your child so that others may also receive gifts- even the gift of an eternal family.
This is the reason why I am willing to give my daughter and my son to others of God's children for 18 or 24 months...that they too may receive the Greatest Gift.
(Enjoy this short video: He is the Gift)
1 comment:
Jennifer you are truly a gift to our family. They serve also because of your amazing influence and love for Jesus Christ and all people.
You have taught them to serve by watching you serve. I'm so happy Lara will b home tomorrow and you can feel her and touch her and hear her voice in person. What a blessing you have well earned by your righteous example to them, to me, and all you come in contact with.
I can't wait to see you and the kids in a couple of weeks. Love you much! Thank you for being such an amazing and fabulous lady.
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment