I am not sure of what to write today other than to "seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written..." Ether 12:41
How does one go about seeking Jesus? I think of "seeking" as in the game I used to play as a child called "hide-and-seek". One child was "it" and had to find all the other children that had hidden themselves before they were able to run to a homebase/freebase. It was a thrill to "seek" for everyone and see how many of my friends and siblings I could catch. Seeking wasn't easy. It required work. People were often sneaky and would hide in places I wouldn't think of as a child, especially if they were older than I was. But it was so fun to see if I could beat them to the homebase as they would sprint to beat me there if I spied them first or if they were able to do it before I ever saw them.
The beauty of seeking Jesus is...he doesn't hide. He is in plain sight and wants everyone to see him and find him. He wants all to "come unto him" Moroni 10:32. He's never going to hide from us. All we have to do is "seek". He says, "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened" Luke 11:9-10.
He wants us to find Him! What are some ways I seek Him? I try to be grateful. I have been so blessed. I have eyes to see the incredible mountains, the beautiful sunrise, the blooming flowers. I have ears to hear my childrens voices, even when they are calling each other names. I am able to be forgiven and to forgive. I don't have to carry that burden of anger because I can let it go and turn it over to Christ. I have a family who is healthy. I have a car that runs. A husband that works. I have food to eat. I have friends who love me and are good to me. I have a testimony/witness that Christ is alive and loves me and everyone. He wants us to be happy! As I take this knowledge and apply it to my life, that knowledge that Christ lives and loves everyone gets bigger and stronger and I can't deny it. He cares about us no matter our circumstances. He wants us to seek Him and as we do we will be blessed to come to know "things as they really are, and of things as they really will be..." Jacob 4:13.
Throughout my life I have sometimes thought it was difficult to seek for Jesus. But I was only blinded by my own weaknesses and therefore, I couldn't see him. He is in plain sight. He wants us to see Him everyday. If we will but "look to God and live!" Alma 37:47
I know that as I have looked and done my own seeking, I have found this Jesus. Life is much better as I continue to seek Him. Sometimes, as the day passes, I forget to seek Him, and life gets harder. But, I continue to learn, life is so much easier when I seek Him and follow Him. This I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment