Ants... I woke up this morning to a kitchen sink full of them. At least they were mostly in the sink and I could easily wash them down. I had to wipe down our counter and then sweep our floor really well. But yes, ants. Ant can actually teach us about Christ and lead me to thinking about Him. There is even a scripture about ants. It reads:
"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest."
Isn't that great?! I need to hear and listen to that because I am a bit of a procrastinator. I can learn from the ant. It has no guide, or ruler to tell it how to spend it's precious time. I must choose wisely how to spend my time. The Lord says, "For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things" D&C 58:26. He's not going to tell me how to spend every minute of every day. He's also not going to send me a Divine prompting every single second to make sure I am doing everything right all of the time. And He won't zap me if I choose not to do something either.
So, if the Lord won't command me in everything, how am I to know how to spend my time? How can I be wise as the ant and use my time well? The Lord continued by saying, "Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward." D&C 58:27-28 There is the answer-"anxiously engaged in a good cause", "do many things of my own free will" which means my own choice, and "bring to pass much righteousness" or in other words do good stuff! He says, "DO GOOD". The reward can be as simple as that good feeling of knowing that I have done good in the world today. And I sure love that feeling. If feels a heck of a lot better than having just watched TV all night.
I guess ants aren't so bad, I can always be a little more wise from watching them...but I would rather they stay outside. You know what? All things do lead me closer to Christ. They testify of Him who is the Creator of all the earth. This I testify:)
Now I am going to go to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment