Today I had a bad hair day. It just happened. I blew it dry. Well mostly, when I stopped to answer the door. I went back to blowing it dry, but the damage had been done. I didn't help it at all by needing to rest for a bit, having only gotten 5 hours of sleep last night. The headache was starting to get a tad too much. So, the rest mashed the hair down a bit more.
As the day progressed, my natural curl went from frizz to frump to blah. At first, I started to get a bit annoyed and a little grouchy about it because later that night my husband and I were going to be taking one of our son's out for his belated birthday date to see a movie. I didn't want to look too worn out or frumpy...even though I already did. Thankfully I had to take two of our sons to the pool for polo and swim practice. It helped me put things into perspective.
Let me explain. I didn't see my beautiful acquaintance, Julie, but I thought of her as I pulled up to drop off first one son, and 45 minutes later the second son. She had the most incredible black hair. And the most amazing laugh ever!!! She still does. I just love her! She is a bright light where ever she goes. She is a swim referee and I have always just loved talking with her. She was diagnosed with breast cancer, I believe, last November and has gone through major chemo and radiation and lost all of her hair. So, as I drove through that parking lot today, grumbling about my frumpy hair, I realized that I at least have hair. I have been so blessed. I quit my moaning and started to count my blessings. It is amazing what I have been given. This little scripture found in Matt. is so precious and SO true! It reads: "Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." Matt 10:29-31 Whether we have hair or not, every hair of our head is numbered. Heavenly Father cares about us and loves us and wants what is best for us. Trials aren't easy. But they make us stronger. I don't want to go through them, but I will definitely keep my bag, so to speak.
The hairs of our head are numbered. It felt so much better once I got outside myself and let it go. I have nothing to fear. I am of more value than many sparrows- we all are. I made myself a promise, one I really hope to keep. I would never complain about my "bad hair days" again...ever. I will just be grateful for all the "good hair days" instead. For there are many more of those anyway.
Bad hair day or not, life is good. And in reality, everyday is a good hair day because Heavenly Father knows exactly where every hair of my head is:) This I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment