Saturday, January 28, 2017

"...God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence..." (Isaiah 35:4)

Hello World!

Today I have to share this awesome scripture with you and some of the thoughts I have had:
"Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; He will come and save you."
When I read this I had to look up "recompense". It means "to make compensation for something; repay someone". The natural woman in me wants vengeance for my pain, suffering, for the losses I have endured. Do we not all want compensation for our losses? Seeking revenge, or being bitter about all that we suffer does not make things right- money, or things will not compensate for some of the losses we have endured. Being bitter, hateful, unforgiving, seeking revenge-well, they just makes things worse, and don't even come near to compensating for the losses some have suffered.

 This scripture says that God will come with vengeance (which doesn't mean revenge. It means "greatly; extremely" (vengeance)), even God with a recompence". God is greatly coming, even with compensation. This quote by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin helped me make more sense of the powerful principle of compensation:
"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today, will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude"
(Come What May, and Love it)
I needed this scripture today. I am trying to keep the bigger picture about some of the challenges I am going through- honestly though, it is really hard. Some days, at the end of the day, I am just so grateful I made it through. God knows what I have lost, what I have had to sacrifice and endure. He knows this for every single one of His precious children- this includes you. He knows exactly what we need to learn to become like Him. It is so not easy to learn this. But that is a different blog all in itself.

So for now, I will take comfort in this awesome scripture and the truth that God will compensate, even recompense for every loss. This I testify.
This has been one of the hardest losses yet...but there is hope for compensation....
and maybe to ride, even just a tiny bit, in the future. 

No comments: