Saturday, January 14, 2017

"Charity, the pure love of Christ" (Moroni 7:47)

I think the scripture I need to share today might be something I need to hear myself. I know that we all suffer and have challenges that really try our faith (see 3 Nephi 26:11). Challenges don't always make sense. Which leads me to the scripture:
Beautiful- just because we are loved
"I know that [God] loveth His children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" (1 Nephi 11:17).
As you endure the challenges of life, I invite you to seek for the love God has for you. It is always there. I have felt it and I want everyone in the world to feel His love. This love is "charity, the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever" (Moroni 7:47). As you seek for God's love, He will fill you up with it. This love is more powerful than anything I have ever felt. It is life and heart changing. Charity is "the love that Christ has for the children of men and that the children of men have for one another. [It is] the highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection" (Charity).

The prophet Joseph Smith said, "A man filled with the love of God, is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race" (Bishop Keith B. McMullin). When we feel and then are filled with the love of God, it enables us to keep trying, keep serving, keep hoping, and in so doing, we want others to feel this amazing love. So, we then go forth and help others, lift others, and this love continues to grow within us and for us. God's love for us is truly awesome.

Even though I don't understand "why" or "how come" of everything, I say to you (and myself), God loves you more than words can express. This I testify.



No comments: