Sunday, March 02, 2014

"I know that my Redeemer liveth" (Job 19:25)

As I woke up this morning the words to the chorus of This is the Christ were going through my head. The words, written by President James E. Faust (July 31, 1920 – August 10, 2007) are as follows:


They heard His voice, a voice so mild.
It pierced them through and made their souls to quake.
They saw Him come, a man in white, 
The Savior, who had suffered for their sake. 
They felt the wounds in hands and side, and each could testify: 

This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the healer of our souls
Who ransomed us with love divine.

I read His words, the words He prayed
While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane.
I feel His love, the price He paid.
How many drops of blood were spilled for me?
With Saints of old in joyful cry
I too can testify:

This is the Christ, the holy Son of God, 
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the healer of our souls
Who ransomed us with purest love divine!
(words and music found here)

I love this song, which for me, is a hymn of praise to our God and King. It is a beautiful and simple message of the the appearance of Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, to the people in America (read the account here) and of His love for us, that He would suffer for all mankind. The prophets then and now testify, "I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth" (Job 19:25 see also Matt 1:21; Titus 2:13-14; 2 Nephi 9:4; Jacob 7:12; Mosiah 3:18Helaman 7:29; Pres Monson).

I too can testify that Christ lives! He loves us and redeems us from our sins as we repent and turn to Him in faith. He is the Redeemer of the world. Jesus Christ is the Healer of all sorrows, disappointments, pain and suffering-all of it! He died, that we might live; and as we look to God, we will live (see 3 Nephi 15:9)! I know that my Redeemer liveth! This I testify.



No comments: