I am coming to realize that it isn't about doing enough, or even being enough. In terms of worldly rewards, I will never get, do, or be enough, no matter what I do or what I am to accomplish. But in the Lord's way, I am getting rewarded way more and in better "payment" than I could ever desire or want, and it just keeps coming! Alma teaches this principle in simply stating how the church is set up and run. I will replace "mother" for the word "priest" in this passage. I take this liberty because I "liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for out profit and learning" (1 Nephi 19:23). "And the [mothers] were not to depend upon the people for their support; but for their labor they were to receive the grace of God, that they might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that they might teach with power and authority from God" (Mosiah 18:26).
As a mother trying to do my best to teach our children the gospel, not only through word but deed, I testify that one does "wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that [one] might teach [her loved ones] with power and authority from God". This is an incredible gift to give to our children and future families. It isn't easy to care for little children, give our time and talents in nurturing and caring for loved one, neighbors, and friends and most definitely goes unnoticed by society at large. At times, we may even wonder if we are doing "enough". In our every day lives, of doing the "mundane", let us "fear not to do good" (D&C 6:33), for good is often done in the small and simple things of every day living, such as giving kindness when others are not, patience when anger seems warranted, compassion to those who have hurt or injured us. "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great" (D&C 64:33). That great work is us and our families! We are God's work and glory (see Moses 1:39). As mothers and fathers in Zion we are "not to depend upon the people for their support", but rely upon God's plan, His purposes, and His reward to "receive the grace of God, that [we] might wax strong in the Spirit, having the knowledge of God, that [we] might teach with power and authority from God" (Mosiah 18:26). As we "do good" and lay this foundation, we are enough and most definitely are doing enough. This I testify.
| I just love my family!!! |
| This is a funny picture, but we sure had fun laughing and running together. I love being with our family! |
1 comment:
Fantastic insight! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment