Without going into any detail, let me just say, today has been very challenging on many levels- and the day isn't even over yet. It is days like this that the scripture on faith gets me through. It reads: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (
Hebrews 11:1). There is great hope in the power of the Atonement. I didn't see it or witness it with my eyes. It is something I only know with my heart. Faith is knowing something with your heart even when it may not make sense to your mind. It is on these really hard days that the battle heats up, the pressure is on, the testing fires are really burning so to speak. This is when the only thing to do is to "trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths" (
Proverbs 3:5-6).
"When we understand more than we know with our minds, when we understand with our hearts, then we know that the Spirit of the Lord is working upon us"
It's funny how things have to go sometimes. Not funny ha ha, but funny strange and hard. Everything does work out. The Lord himself said: "...all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" (
D&C 122:7). Even though I know things aren't going to change over night, and maybe not for a really long time, there is one thing I do know. God knows. He loves us and will watch over us in all things and all things do work for our good. This I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment