By serving others I serve God. God, He is the Creator of heaven and earth. The God who knows all things, and has all wisdom, even so much that I cannot comprehend all that He has done and will do for us (see Mosiah 4:9) He is the Creator of my body, the Father of my soul. How could I possibly serve Him who needs nothing and has everything? He simply wants me to serve Him by serving others. Why? I think it's about love.
I continue to ponder this humbling gift I can offer the King of Kings (see Revelations 17:14). Most kings want money, they want power, they often tax their people heavily and live lives of luxury and... some would confine their people "in dungeons..." or would have them "murder, or plunder, or steal, or commit adultery; or that [they] should commit any manner of wickedness" (Mosiah 2:12-13). But what Jesus Christ, the "Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6) asks of us is so simple and good: "Love Me, Love your neighbor as yourself" (see Matthew 22:36-40).
When I ponder serving my God, I view this command from Him very differently. He says, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me" (Matthew 25:40). Thinking about how I treat others...it's how I would treat Him.
This thought has caused me to pause and ponder my own behavior. I can love and serve with more kindness, more patience. I can forgive more quickly and let go of the need to be "right". I want to serve Him, even Jesus Christ, my God, my King (see Sweet is the Work). Therefore, I will keep trying to serve others. I am eternally indebted to Him who gave His life for me, and for you. Go and serve one another. It's how Jesus Christ wants us to serve Him.
| This delicious cinnamon roll was given to me by our neighbor. They continue to serve me and my family in many sweet ways! Thank you for serving us...and therefore serving God. |
Remember- you are so loved! Keep up the Great Work!
No comments:
Post a Comment