Free up memory space for something else. That sounds like a computer, but we are not computers. We can't run all of the time and we do get so tired. I find that sometimes, "I am weary with my groaning" (Psalms 6:6) and need to find a better way of doing things. And there is a better way of doing things. Lists are good. But they need to be put into perspective. And this is the perspective: "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man (or woman) should run faster than [they have] strength. And again, it is expedient that he (or she) should be diligent, that thereby [they] might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order" (Mosiah 4:27). Sometimes, I think I know the "order" of things. I think I know how everything is going to fall into place and I have my whole day mapped out. And guess what? Rarely does it ever go like that. I usually have to be way more flexible and allow things to just...well somethings, just happen. And what a blessing!
Because sometimes, I have been in the right place at the right time and I have been able to help someone whom I never would have thought to help had I been tied to my "list". One of the things that the Lord has blessed us with is the largest women's organization: Relief Society. (Click here to find out more about Relief Society). The purpose of Relief Society "as established by the Lord, is to organize, teach, and inspire His daughters to prepare them for the blessings of eternal life by helping them: 1) Increase faith and personal righteousness. 2) Strengthen families and homes. 3) Seek out and help those in need". (Pres. Julie B. Beck). This is a great outline for us when we make our "lists" whether or not we are men or women. This helps us put things "in order" (1 Cor. 14:14). "The organization of Relief Society enabled the Lord's storehouse of talent, time, and means to be administered in wisdom and order" (Pres. Julie B. Beck). Life is frequently full of many challenges that come to us in many forms, often small forms that can consume our time and energy and we can feel overwhelmed and under-accomplished. With the Lord's help, we need not feel this way (see Psalms 115:11).
The Lord gave the wisdom: "Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided..." (D&C 10:4). Sometimes, we want to run, or walk, or perhaps even "sleep longer than is needful" (D&C88:124) and thereby we can injure our bodies. I include sleep in there because sometimes we may sleep too long, or not enough. We must be aware of our needs, both physically and spiritually, so that our "minds and bodies may be invigorated" (D&C88:124). The Lord calls it Relief Society for a reason. To relieve the pain and suffering of all people, both physically and spiritually (see Mosiah 4:26), including ourselves so that we can draw closer to Him! The motto of Relief Society is "Charity never faileth" (1 Cor. 13:8; Moroni 7:46), it is a "flag under which the whole human family can unite. It is not a program- it is a clarion call of the gospel (see 1 Corinthians 14:8-10). The gospel will never fail, so it is appropriate that "Charity Never Faileth" is the Relief Society motto. It reinforces the fact that Latter-day Saint men and women are working toward the same goal- striving to become disciples of Christ" (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland).
As men and women who are doing the very best we can to follow our Savior, to make good choices, to fight the "good fight" (2 Tim. 4:7) on a daily basis, we must "be not weary in well-doing" (Galatians 6:9) especially if your "lists" seem a bit long. We just need to make sure the Lord is at the top of our list, leading the way, because He will help us accomplish and get things "done in wisdom and in order" (Mosiah 4:27). Things work out when we trust the Lord (see 2 Nephi 4:34; Psalms 115:11; Isaiah 26:4). This I testify.
No comments:
Post a Comment