As I hear the snap and pop and crackle of fire crackers and fire works go off that my boys are lighting outside with their dad I am so grateful for the time they have to spend together. I am also so grateful for the freedom our family has to have been able to go to church today, to worship in whatever manner we wish. What an incredible blessing! We live in the greatest country! We live in a country that has been consecrated by God. "Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever." (2 Nephi 1:7) It was no accident that our fore fathers found it and that we are here. It was planned out and prepared by God. God is in charge of everything. Man just thinks he knows everything.
I love our country and the freedoms we have. Yes, it hurts when people call me names or make fun of me or my religion. But that is called freedom of speech. Once we try to legislate what one can say or not say then we are in big trouble. Of course there are things that are out of line, and that is called defimation of character. But that is a whole other topic. My point is, I am so grateful I can speak my mind and that I can worship God how I see fit. "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." (Article of Faith 11) I know I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and is aware of me and all of us, for we are His children. I know I have a Savior, even Jesus Christ, the Son of God the Father. I know that they love all mankind and want us to care, love, and serve one another. (Mosiah 2:17) I know that the Book of Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ and that if you read it and apply its teachings to your life it will change your life. This I testify is true. We live in the greatest place on earth. What a great blessing to be an American! This I testify!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment