Wednesday, August 29, 2018

"...and those who died in the faith of Christ are happy in Him..." (Alma 46:41)

I have so much on my mind. But words escape me. So, I will write the few words that come to me.

My mom passed away on Sunday, August 26th, surrounded by loved ones, in her home. I was there. I am so grateful for this very tender experience.

I will share one experience with you. I went to visit my mom on Friday, August 24th. When I arrived I asked her, "How are you doing, Mom?" She opened her eyes and replied, "I am so happy!" I told her what I was doing that day and she said, "Enjoy it! Just enjoy it!"

As I have reflected upon this experience again and again, a scripture has come to my mind:
"And it came to pass that there were many who died, firmly believing that their souls were redeemed by the Lord Jesus Christ; thus they went out of the world rejoicing.... But there were many who died with old age; and those who died in the faith of Christ are happy in Him, as we must needs suppose." (Alma 46:39,41)
I know my mom is happy, she told me so.











No comments: