For a while there I wasn't sure if I would ever be able to ride a bike again. Well, I can't ride my bike. But there has been a miracle...a different form of transportation and I love it! I now ride a trike! (Mine is a Catrike Expedition). I can move again, ride again, train again (although somewhat slower), and I'm outside! It is such a blessing to be able to ride! When things happen, or changes come about there is always a reason. One thing I know for sure is that God is a "God of miracles" (
Mormon 9:19).
 |
| Me on my new wheels, Catrike Expedition, headed out for a ride. |
Changes happen for a reason...just like graduation. My daughter, Lara, graduated this past June and is already at BYU (
Brigham Young University). I am coming to understand a little more about what Christ was trying to teach when he said, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (
Isaiah 55:8-9).
 |
| Lara, always making me smile. She is such a happy person! |
 |
| Lara, on her graduation day. |
 |
| Lara with Jeff and me on her graduation day. I love the fact that Lara and her dad have a great relationship. They are quite the pair. Love these people!!! |
Lara was ready to move forward and get going with her college education. What I was surprised with is the emotion I felt as my daughter was moving out and going away to college. It is part of the natural process, but I was surprised at how difficult it was for me with this big change in our household and family. When changes take place it is as though our Father in Heaven is saying it's time to move forward, learn something new, or practice something some more. I may not understand why things have to happen or why changes take place, be they physical, emotional, spiritual, or intellectual; but I do know that God "loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" (
1 Nephi 11:17). God's whole purpose is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (
Moses 1:39).
Change within and around us helps us prepare to be with our Father in Heaven again. Even though there may be changes in my life, it is a great comfort to know that "God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity" (
Moroni 8:18). Life is good, even with all its changes, challenges, losses, joys, increases....all of it. I know that we are loved beyond our comprehension. God truly is a God of miracles. (So happy to be riding again!!!)
 |
| Me on my trike, Kevin (my brother-in-law), Fred (my dad), David (my brother), and Garrett (my nieces husband). We are headed out for a 50 mile ride around Bear Lake, Utah. It was a beautiful ride and the temperature was perfect! |
2 comments:
Who is that old man standing next to Lara and you ;-)
Wade, sure miss your sense of humor. You always made me laugh. Jeff is the best "old man" I could ever ask for. He's the greatest blessing to be married to (understatement).
Post a Comment